The fourth building in the complex is a one-room schoolhouse that once served as the Union Center Township schoolhouse. It was brought into town from nearly eight miles outside of Howard when it was added to the museums complex. From the wooden slates used as work pads and notebooks, the wooden desks, and the early textbooks, visitors will get a sense of what it would have been like to be educated in a country school house from the 1920-1950’s. The school house museum includes maps, photos, numerous books, and an old time heating stove. The yard of the school house is even complete with boy’s and girl’s outhouses.